These terms of service outline the nature of TAXplan’s involvement with your Income Tax Return(s). As agreed, TAXplan will compile the necessary information in accordance with the standards applicable and will complete the necessary forms and schedules required to file your tax return. TAXplan will not audit, review, or otherwise attempt to verify the accuracy or the completeness of such information. Unless unanticipated difficulties are encountered, TAXplan’s communication will be substantially in the following form:
TAXplan will prepare the income tax return for you using information provided by you. TAXplan will not audit, review, or otherwise attempt to verify the accuracy or completeness of such information.
TAXplan is accepting this engagement as a tax preparer only, not as an auditor. It is requested that you do not record this as an auditing or review engagement in any of the records that you or your business may keep. TAXplan’s services will not result in the expression of an audit opinion or any other form of assurance on the financial information reported in the return, nor will it satisfy any statutory or other audit requirement. You may wish to obtain legal advice concerning statutory (or contractual) audit requirements.
It is understood and agreed that:
(a) You will provide accurate and complete information necessary to complete your tax return(s);
(b) The responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the representations in the return(s) and related financial information remains with you;
(c) The tax return(s) will be unaudited
(e) The financial information provided may either lack disclosure required by, or otherwise not be in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and may not be appropriate for general use; and
(f) Uninformed readers could be misled unless they are aware of the possible limitations of the return(s), related financial information and TAXplan’s very limited involvement.
(g) By submitting this form you agree to the following terms: Although every effort is made to reduce your tax payable by uncovering all available credits and deductions, TAXplan cannot be held responsible if something is missed. Your input and questions are both welcome and necessary to prepare the best possible tax return for you.
(h) Tax returns will be filed once payment and all applicable signed documents are received.
This engagement cannot be relied upon to prevent or detect error and fraud and other irregularities. TAXplan wishes to emphasize that any responsibility for the prevention and detection of error and fraud and other irregularities must remain with you.
These terms will remain in effect the entire duration that you remain a client of TAXplan.
From $39.95 + HST*
From $89.95 + HST*
From $149.95 + HST*
From $199.95 + HST*
From $249.95 + HST*
From $100.00 + HST*
Pricing Terms and Conditions:
- To qualify for student pricing the taxpayer must be enrolled as a full-time student in a secondary or post-secondary institution. In addition, the tax return must have gross income of less than $20 000 and must not include employment expenses, self-employment or rental income
- Typical return pricing will apply to most basic tax filings, however, any capital dispositions or excessive medical expenses may give rise to a discretionary time component.
- The discretionary time component may be added to the price of any return, at the discretion of the TAXpro. Common examples include excessive medical expenses or capital dispositions. The time component is added in $25 increments and is based on the time associated with preparing the tax return.
- Tax preparation fees include up to 30 minutes of consultation time with the associated TAXpro. Any additional time will be billed at an hourly rate ranging from $35 to $50 per hour depending on the TAXpro’s level of experience.
- A file reopening fee will apply to files that have been completed and are required to be reopened to add additional data supplied by the taxpayer. The fee is contingent upon the additional data and the time associated with amending the return.
- Filing or re-filing fees will apply for amended returns and are dependent upon the additional data and the time associated with amending the return.
- Any additional work other than that associated with the preparation of an income tax return, including but not limited to appeals, objections or any other reassessment will be billed at an hourly rate of $125/hr
Preparation Terms and Conditions:
- A tax profile must be completed for all taxpayers filing a tax return.
- Prior year tax returns will only be completed outside of the regular tax season. That is, July 1st to January 31st. Only current year tax returns will be prepared between February 1st and June 30th.
- Any tax returns that include employment expenses, self-employment or rental income must be presented to the TAXpro with the related TAXplan Tax Organizer . The TAXpro may use his or her discretion if the relevant data is presented otherwise.